Saleh Anyango Osore – MBA, BA.
Mr. Saleh Anyango Osore currently works as the Shari’ah Audit Manager at KCB Bank Group’s Islamic Banking. Previously, he served in the same role at National Amana, the Islamic Window of National Bank of Kenya, and First Community Bank Limited.
In addition, Mr. Saleh serves on the Shariah advisory committee of Taqwa Sacco, Barka Sacco, and has advised several other Islamic Institutions on Islamic Finance matters.
Mr. Saleh holds a Bachelor of Arts in Shari’ah from Thika College for Sharia and Islamic studies, which later grew and transformed into the current Umma University.
“I am a proud alumnus of Umma University, where I learned the fundamentals of Shari’a, which sharpened my leadership skills and enabled me to achieve a lot in my career,” Says Osore.
Having gotten a rock-solid foundation on the Shari’ah compliance concept from Umma University, Mr. Saleh has utilized the knowledge gained to achieve the following, among many other achievements:
• He has trained over 10,000 in various capacities, including Members of Boards of Directors, Members of Staff of various financial institutions, Members of various cooperative societies, and customers of various financial institutions in Kenya.
● Developed Sahl Policy and financing guidelines at KCB SAHL
● Reviewed products to ensure Shari’ah Compliance at KCB Bank Kenya Limited
● Held various customer engagements at KCB Bank Kenya Limited
● Trained staff and directors at COFI SACCO and TAQWA Sacco – First Shari’ah Compliant SACCO
● Reviewed, developed products, and carried out education days for TAQWA SACCO and First Community Bank
● Reviewed and developed a strategic plan for TAQWA SACCO
● Served as an Internal Audit Manager for National Amanah – A Shari’ah Compliant Window of National Bank of Kenya.
● Served as a secretary to the Shari’ah Supervisory Board of the National Bank of Kenya
● Reviewed and developed both liability and asset products at National Amanah
● Developed the Shari’ah Risk Policy for the National Bank of Kenya
● Developed the Shari’ah Governance framework for the National Bank of Kenya
● Developed the Charity Account Policy for the National Bank of Kenya.
● Reviewed and developed products for COFI SACCO
● Carried out education days for COFI SACCO members
● Served as a Shari’ah Audit Officer at First Community Bank
● Developed the Shari’ah Audit Manual for First Community Bank.
● Carried out Annual Shari’ah Audits for First Community Bank
● Reviewed and developed products for BARKAH SACCO and RIBALESS SACCO– A Shari’ah Compliant SACCO